Thank you to all of our donors, volunteers, and customers for your continued support during this big year of transition for organization. Our new center on American Street, an already vibrant and growing corridor for sustainability and the arts, is now buzzing with activity…
…many soon-to-be neighbors,
YOUR creativity inspiring reuse,
& endless possibilities for 2020!
In 2019, thousands of creative projects in the Philadelphia region were made using our salvaged and donated materials. Your creative reuse stories & photos this year included:
– 2,636 studio art, craft, and individual maker projects
– 35 film, television, theatre, and performance art productions
– 58 educational institutions incorporated reuse into their classrooms
– 87 local businesses that used us as a resource
– and over 1,400 homeowners who shopped at The Resource
Exchange for furniture, housewares, decor, and other home
improvement supplies rather than buying new!
We saved over 48,000 lbs of film & theatre props, set pieces, art supplies, textiles, lumber, and many other reusable materials from landfill by putting them back into the local creative economy. These materials included over 19,000 lbs of lumber and building materials, 4.5 tons of scenery materials and props that were saved from film & theatre sets, over 5,600 lbs of art/craft materials, and almost 4,000 lbs of textiles saved from landfill!